Jobs with Kover-it
Kover-it – We specialise in quality outdoor cover protection, manufacturing outdoor protective covers as well as supplying and installing awnings, Dutch canopies and outdoor shading structures. We are a family run business located in Harehatch in Reading at Ladds Garden Centre.
Job Role - Industrial Sewing Machinist – Full Time and Part Time
We are looking for some Industrial Sewing machinists, who are experienced in the manufacture of outdoor covers, OR have experience in manufacturing marquees, boat covers, or have expertise in upholstery. Suitable candidates must have at least 5 years experience OR a high level of expertise.
Full time needed, also part time (hours can be flexible). Pay starts at between £8.50- £14.00/hr, depending upon skills and experience. Pay will also be re assessed after a period of time.
- Able to cut out and work using patterns.
- Have knowledge of shapes, metric units (cm, mm etc.) able to work in inches or cm.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Competently able to use an industrial sewing machine, working with heavy duty textiles.
- Competently able to use an eyeletting machine, binder, and other cutting mechanisms.
- Have experience using a high frequency welding machine. (this is optional)
- Able to work from drawings, converting them into patterns.
- Able to accurately take measurements.
- Good communication skills.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Good work ethic.
- Able to work alone, as well as in a team.
You will be working within our friendly team of machinists, manufacturing heavy duty outdoor protective covers for various furniture, and machinery, working with heavy duty textiles such as PVC.
We are a family run business, and value all of our employees and the hard work they put in. As a growing company, we are looking for someone to grow with us, with a good work ethic, and a passion to achieve.
You will be working within our Industrial workshop, which is based between Reading and Maidenhead, along the A4/Bath Road at Ladds Garden Village, RG10 9SB. There is Twyford train station 20 minutes walk away.
Applicants looking to start straight away are very welcome!
To apply please send us your CV to email@example.com, or call us on 01189 406095.